Spanish Language BasicsThe two biggest languages in the state of Florida are Spanish and English, making up most of the languages spoken in Florida. Around 3.94 million people speak Spanish in their households, which accounts for around 20.9 percent of the whole Florida population.
Spanish has been spoken in what is now the United States since the 15th century, with the arrival of Spanish colonization in North America. Colonizers settled in areas that would later become Florida, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California.
- Even a basic knowledge of Spanish will help you if you are in any position where you have contact with the public.
- You will be aware that just as many people speak Spanish as English as native speakers in the world and it will open your doors to a world you never imagined.
- Companies pay more to Spanish bilingual employees.
- You do not need a high level of fluency to add value, but a moderate knowledge, I have noticed this about language learning, unlike calculus, the benefits are seen immediately.
- You can shop in the Spanish food section.
- Miami and South Florida become a lot more accessible to you.
|Good morning||Buenos días|
|Good afternoon||Buenas tardes|
|Good evening/night||Buenas noches|
|See you||Nos vemos|
|How are you?||¿Como está?|
|Fine, thanks||Bien, gracias|
|Do you speak english?||¿Habla inglés?|
|I don't understand||No entiendo|
|Please speak slowly||Hable lento por favor|
|Where is/are...?||Donde esta/están...?|
|How long?||¿Cuánto tiempo?|
|How much (price)?||¿Cuánto cuesta?|
|Can you help me?||¿Me puede ayudar?|
|What time is it?||¿Qué hora es?|
|I like/I don't like it||Me gusta/No me gusta|
|Just a minute||Un minuto|
|Too expensive||Muy caro|
|It's hot (weather)||Hace calor|
|It's cold (weather)||Hace frío|
|A little||Un poco|
|Coffee with milk||Café con leche|
|Mineral water||Agua mineral|
|Wine (White/Red)||Vino (Blanco/Tinto)|
|Scrambled eggs||Huevos revueltos|
|Fried eggs||Huevos fritos|
|Boiled potatoes||Papas cocidas|
|Chips (Fries)||Papas fritas|